A large crowd of Labour members heard Sonia Barker Waveney Labour’s Parliamentary Candidate say how
Conservative and Lib Dem Governments have, since 2010, overseen the biggest cuts to our public services in a generation. The NHS and Social Care is in crisis, our schools are struggling under the weight of the budget cuts. In addition, cuts to police budgets are putting our safety at risk across Waveney Sonia also said that people here in the Waveney Constituency need a representative that will put them first. Sonia has been working tirelessly since the General Election was called, to let local people know that this General Election will be a choice between a Labour Party that will stand up for the many or a Conservative Party that only looks after the privileged few.
• A LABOUR GOVERNMENT offers the people of Waveney REAL CHANGE; –
• A FREE BRITISH BROADBAND SERVICE; Labour will introduce a free country wide Broadband Service, to help Businesses, Learning, Family Connectivity, Leisure and Creativity
• OUR NHS IS NOT FOR SALE! – Increased funding for OUR NHS, with more Doctors and Nurses giving people the care they desperately need
• FREE NATIONAL SOCIAL CARE SERVICE – Labour will introduce free Social Care for the Elderly and those with Disabilities
• A GREEN INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION! – To address the Climate Emergency, Labour will increase investment in renewables and provide funding for climate change apprenticeships;
• BUILDING INFRASTRUCTURE! – After 4 1⁄2 years, 3 Prime Ministers and 2 General Elections, where is the Lowestoft Third Crossing? Labour WILL build much needed infrastructure in Waveney
• A LIVING WAGE FOR EVERYONE! – Labour will introduce a £10 an hour living wage, so that workers are paid enough to live on.
• NATIONAL EDUCATION SERVICE! Life-long Learning, through Education, Apprenticeships, Training and Upskilling for ALL.
• SUPPORT OUR POLICE! – Let’s make Beccles, Bungay, Lowestoft and surrounding Rural areas safer for
everyone, by investing in our Police.
• REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANKS- Labour will give financial support to local small and medium sized
businesses such as local fishing businesses and start up’s, helping businesses and the economy to thrive.
• SUPPORT FOR OUR ARMED SERVICES; Labour will fully enforce the armed forces covenant, ensuring
greater access to mental health services, and that no veterans are left homeless.
• LET’S SORT OUT THIS BREXIT MESS! – I am against a No Deal Brexit; Labour will get Brexit sorted by giving
the people the final say.
Waveney Labour’s Parliamentary Candidate Sonia Barker has roots that run deep in Waveney. She has served the
Waveney community as an NHS advocate and teacher in Lowestoft and Beccles for over 35 years.”
London Road North, Lowestoft. NR32 1HB. Open Daily MONDAY to FRIDAY 9:30am to 5pm, M: – 07787384384